Defeats for Everton and Burnley and a dramatic late equaliser for Leeds mean the relegation scrap will go to the final week. Here are the permutations.
Leeds remain favourites for relegation but their situation would have been far worse had Pascal Struijk not struck a late equaliser to lift them out of the bottom three against Brighton in a 1-1 draw. That point could prove crucial but their fate is out of their hands as Burnley and Everton both have a game in hand each, which are both due to play on Thursday.
What Leeds do know is whatever happens on Thursday, that late strike against Brighton does mean they still have hope going into the final day where they play at Brentford. What result they will need will obviously be dependent on how the games on Thursday go but three points will be the aim.
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Leeds’ draw against Brighton in the Premier League.
- Download the Sky Sports App
Despite losing to Tottenham 1-0, Burnley know the job they have to do as getting to 38 points from their final two games will all but get them safe. This means four points from their final two games – away at Aston Villa on Thursday and at home to Newcastle on Sunday – will be enough. Any slips will open the door for Leeds.
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Tottenham’s match against Burnley in the Premier League.
Everton remain 16th but only two points outside the relegation zone but still have their fate in their own hands, too. They know three points from their remaining two fixtures – at home to Crystal Palace on Thursday and away at Arsenal on Sunday – will be enough for survival. Two draws will all but secure their safety too barring no miraculous mathematic goal swing with Leeds, who have a -18 worse goal difference than Frank Lampard’s side.
- Ten Hag suggests he’ll start Man Utd job on Monday | ‘A lot of work to be done’
- Pep’s message to Southampton: Beat Liverpool 4-0!
- Papers: Juventus to hold fresh Pogba talks on Monday
- Transfer Centre LIVE! Managers confirm summer plans
- Christensen stood himself down from selection for FA Cup final
- Everton, Leeds, Burnley: How the relegation battle now stands
- Three games to go: How the title race now stands
- Toney and Henry say families racially abused after Brentford’s game with Everton
- Lampard: We should’ve had penalty before Branthwaite red card
- Lee holds off Spieth to defend Texas title
FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from Brentford’s win against Everton in the Premier League.
- Watch PL highlights for free on Sky Sports
How it stands
Everton’s remaining fixtures
May 19 – Crystal Palace (h)
May 22 – Arsenal (a)
Leeds’ remaining fixtures
May 22 – Brentford (a)
Burnley’s remaining fixtures
May 19 – Aston Villa (a)
May 22 – Newcastle (h)
Sky Bet odds to be relegated…
Leeds: 4/6 with Sky Bet
Burnley: 6/4 with Sky Bet
Everton: 8/1 with Sky Bet
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm.