Which clubs possess the most valuable squads in Europe? A new study has ranked all 98 teams from the top five leagues…
Manchester City have the most valuable squad in Europe with an estimated price tag of £1.1bn and narrowly edge Manchester United‘s valuation of £1.04bn, according to the CIES Football Observatory.
A recent study also found the two clubs have invested the most cash to bolster ranks, splashing in the region of £926m and £887m on current rosters, respectively.
- Manchester clubs top Europe for squad spending
- Get Sky Sports | Live football on Sky Sports
Chelsea trail the Manchester clubs for current value at £809m, but pip Barcelona (£766m), Bayern Munich (£761m) and Liverpool (£742m).
PSG forward Lionel Messi is now valued at around £50m, according to CIES Football Observatory
European powerhouses Real Madrid (£723m), Paris Saint-Germain (£691m), Borussia Dortmund (£587m) and Atletico Madrid (£566m) complete the top 10.
- Saudi takeover of Newcastle potentially back on
- Brighton player arrested on suspicion of sexual assault
- Barca record £409m losses for 20/21 – what is going on?
- Whyte lined up for Fury vs Wilder winner
- ‘Settled’ Tomori loving life with Ibra at Milan
- Fury and Wilder make KO threats ahead of grudge fight
- Brazilian player kicks ref in head, charged with attempted murder
- Aurier: I would never join ‘enemy’ Arsenal
- David Price confirms retirement from boxing
- Manchester clubs top Europe for squad value
Premier League trio Tottenham (£486m), Arsenal (£481m) and Leicester (£410m) all feature in the top 20, while West Ham (£288m), Aston Villa (£284m), Everton (£279m) and Wolves (£253m) make the top 30.
The value of Premier League squads combined weighs in at a staggering £7.6bn – substantially more than La Liga (£4.5bn), Bundesliga (£3.9bn), Serie A (£3.8bn) and Ligue 1 (£2.9bn).
Win £250,000 with Super 6!
Another Saturday, another chance to win £250,000 with Super 6. Play for free, entries by 3pm.